Wednesday 5 November 2008

Tig Tag Toe

I got tagged by Jay at The Depp Effect. Being a newcomer to the blogosphere, this is the first time I have come across this diarised version of chainmail (clearly initiated by someone with blogger's block), and while I am not sure whether my tagees will thank me for passing the hot potato, I'll give it a shot.

Now then, what can one say about oneself when one is incognito...?

Seven random or weird Somnambulistic facts:

1) When very young I had a recurring nightmare involving dinosaurs, earthquakes and fireballs.

2) If I had a daugther, I'd want to call her Halo.

3) When skiing, I find it harder to turn right than turn left.

4) I can draw and paint a bit, and have even made some money at it, but I have always been secretly envious of Penfold's natural talent.

5) I worry that sometimes my closest friend thinks that I do not regard him as my equal.

6) I have learnt that P&L and golf balls do not lie.

7) I have a secret that only one other person knew. They took it to their grave, I will take it to mine.

The magnificent seven: Tagees who I'd like to know something more about...

Trywalker - who'd write something wise beyond his years
Muttley - who'd write something mad
Patsou - who'd write something piercingly insightful
His Lordship - who'd write something musical
Tango - who'd write something inspiring
Lynne - who'd just write for our pleasure of reading
Teddy - who'd... I can't think of anything even remotely sensible

Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you murder #7?

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I'll speak to Grumpy and the others - I have no idea how they'll respond.

I don't do these! - if you are ever tempted .......

PS - I know what the secret is as well - but I'm not telling either - tee hee

Somnambulist said...

No. Honest. The only thing I've murdered was "Just A Gigolo - David Lee Roth" on Singstar.

Somnambulist said...

@DP - I thought about tagging you DP, but I thought you might find the task a little onerous this early. See how considerate I am?

Anonymous said...

I only pass along the interesting ones! ;)

And this one is interesting. OOoh, now you have me wondering what the secret is. I know you'll never tell, but ..

TELL US!!!

LOL!

Oh yeah, and what's P & L?

Somnambulist said...

@Jay - Ok, it's all about a secret pirate's map, that's hidden... NOO, you almost had me there!

P&L stands for Profit & Loss. I once had a lightbulb moment in a golf lesson when my coach explained how the flight of the ball tells you everything you need to know about the club swing path and moment of impact (you don't want to know any more than that).

Trader's, being human, often search for external reasons (read excuses) for things that go wrong, the weakest being "I had bad luck." I believe that it's the trader that is responsible for everything, and like a spinning golfball, the P&L tells you all you need to know.

Not very deep, I know, but then I am a golf-playing spot monkey.

Onur Sert said...

this is gonna be fun but the hardest part of this task is to pass the duty to the others as except you, the only blogs i read belong to Krugman, Mankiw, and Wolf ;)

P.S. As arsenal is the home team tonite, the draw is mine as well? for the next week coffees? ;)

Somnambulist said...

@trywalker - hey, you never know, they might be interested (or B)!

OK you can have the draw, as long as I can have 10-0 to the Arsenal :-D

Busy Bear said...

Snowy Bear & I are HAPPY to play along...and don't worry...have have our ways of getting Grumpy to "cooperate"....

SnOwY bEaR said...

ooo how intriguing??? Must give the stuffing a bit of a shake and think of something ... bears... yoo hooo group hug in the office please>>>>>......

Somnambulist said...

@bears - why do I get this eerie feeling that you guys may not be as soft and cuddly on the inside...?

SnOwY bEaR said...

Busy Bear can be a little alarming at times .. but yep GT is like stuffing in our fingers ....

Somnambulist said...

@Snowy - keep your, errm, eyes on them. Especially if you go down to the woods to...I'm having a dialogue with a stuffed toy. I'm going to lie down for a while..

Chat Blanc said...

that nightmare sounds scary x3!

great facts, thanks for sharing them. :)

Somnambulist said...

@chat blanc - It was...30 years on and I still can't watch pre-1970 B movies!

You were on my original list of tagees until I dropped by and saw it was already in progress. Pierced... ouch! :-D

SnOwY bEaR said...

keep checking Dear Teddy the bears are getting it together to post 7 wonderful fackts