Tuesday 25 November 2008

Collecting Lawyers

You wait forever for a bus, and then two come along at the same time.

On Sunday I had no lawyers. This morning I have two: MCE Avocats who are going to help me deal with the Swiss architect-locusts (if you ever come into contact with these people, I suggest you run a mile. Their service is worse than their website); and Speechly Bircham who are reviewing our developer's contract for Project Dennis.

First impressions on both counts are very good - they seem polite and professional. However, they haven't asked for any money yet...

On the good side, oh-my-Darling has cut VAT by 2.5% from next week, reducing our beta-site development costs by enough to afford at least half an hour of lawyer-time.

6 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Every clod has a silver lining .....

Somnambulist said...

@DP - knew you would say something earthy :-)

Anonymous said...

Lawyers, developers, there'll be accountants and mental health professionals on the payroll soon. Don't forget to set up an ATIA workers' council, and make your own life hell unless you pander to all employees' requests.

Are you SURE I can't tempt you to stay at the coal face, where only blootoofers need worry about such lofty appointments and matters? (I've ordered myself a special blooGod deluxe, one with a neon flashing arrow that points at me when I am making VERY IMPORTANT and life changing calls (to my dry cleaners..))

Word verif today is gougised, which is something I could well suddenly "come to" and realise I have done to FVJ in the coming days...

70steen said...

shouldn't that be And they haven't asked for any money yet... result

Good luck Somn

(verif - insalum seems so appropriate somehow *snigger*)

Anonymous said...

Doh!

I quite liked "these people's" website.

ADG

Somnambulist said...

@UDH - Thanks for the chuckles :-)) Unfortunately, no interest in hanging around to deal with the Beestreesfart, blootoofers or general bumbling by.. well, no need to elaborate there.

I fully endorse your excellent neologism "gougised", and look forward to seeing exactly what it entails...

@70s - Thanks! Insalum, insalam... as they say in Dagenham.

@laog - Stay away. Do not be enticed by their snazzy graphics and alluring prose... you have been warned!