Thursday 13 November 2008

BamBam The Buddha Boy

It's not surprising, with the virtually hysterical worldwide fervour released after last week's earth-shattering US election result, to see one or two other opportunists jump on the messianic bandwagon. Lo and behold Bambam the Buddha boy has popped up in Nepal again, artfully not denying claims that he is Siddhartha Gautama reincarnate. What is surprising, is that I was convinced that BamBam was trading Spot FX at a MSIB in Sydney - if he really can be in two places at once perhaps there is something to this after all...

A group of currency analysts hold a communal seance in order to divine where EUR/GBP will open this morning...

11 comments:

70steen said...

quote Brenda from Nottingham (in the comments) ... is it Yoko Ono?? hee hee

Somnambulist said...

@70s - Well I suppose I could imagine her living in the Nepalese jungle pretending to be a teenage boy... couple of loose screws there.

70steen said...

I think you could be right .. I have seen her latest exhibit in Liverpool ....http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-life-features/capital-of-culture/2008/10/20/yoko-ono-visits-liverpool-to-look-at-ladders-64375-22070254/

Emperors new clothes springs to mind...

Somnambulist said...

@70s - Ladders dedicated to "John, John Lennon." Weirdo.

70steen said...

That has just confirmed it for me they are the same person... JohnJohn & BamBam .. what a slip up ..... :-D

Ah well shopping to do .....

Somnambulist said...

Buy a buddha. Or a ladder.

Anonymous said...

There is only 1 BamBam, this guy is an imposter.

70steen said...

@ Somn .. I bought lipstick and eyeshadow it seemed the most meaningful option

Somnambulist said...

@bambam - We know that. I dunno, these start-up religions trying to devalue your cult status, eh?

@70s - I told you that you know more about shopping than I do...

Anonymous said...

Bambam Budda sounds like a great name for a rapper, if you ask me!

Andrew Goulding

Somnambulist said...

@laog - hahaha I think you may have something there. I'll be listening out for that name on the airwaves!