Thursday 4 September 2008

Buzbag Reserv

Trywalker, kind friend and cultured young gentleman that he is, brought me back a fantastic-looking bottle of red from his recent holiday in Turkey. Apparently Daddy Trywalker recommends it very highly.

I'm dying to give it a crack but before I pop the cork I'd like to know a bit more about it. My wine books are getting a bit old now and were printed before the expert authors knew anything about Turkish wine. In fact most of them don't even recognise Australia as a producer of fine wines, which seems...never mind. Searches on the worldwineweb have provided unsatisfactorily scant details. Any ideas??

Please help me find out more about Buzbag!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. You get a nice bottle of red, I get to borrow some pirate DVDs. Probably a good job there will be no bonus pool in Feb next year because TW's hypothetical share just got smaller.
Hope he doesn't need any help in Yen today, sniff sniff :(

Lazy said...

According to Decanter.com it is 'still, red'....
so that's good to know.

Somnambulist said...

@UDH - hey, I love DVDs about pirates, and I haven't actually tired the wine yet. It could be a practical trywalker joke.

@lazy - thanks. I can see we are embarking on a veritable trail of discovery.

Nice bison btw :-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Suck it and see ..... as the .... oh never mind

orangepeel said...

I notice that in Braunschweig (I think that's Brunswick in the Mother Tongue) there is a purveyor of fine Knoblauch und Gurken called "Buzbag"!

Check it out at www.buzbag.de, and if and when I'm next fortunate enough to be sausage-side, I'll look forward to the 339-odd km drive to the home of Kiymali Pide...

Somnambulist said...

@DP - I tried sucking it but to be honest didn't really do much for me. Think I'll go to plan b) and take the cork out...

@ orangepeel - you've lost it. Please see Head Teach and ask her to clear your tubes.