Wednesday 24 September 2008

Above And Beyond

Just want to say a word of thanks to UDH Boy and Trywalker for (once again) working to well past bedtime last night unwinding the accidental unwindings of the previous unwindings (they know what I mean).

I'm still pondering over the conversation that set things moving last night, though..

Somnambulist: "Hello? UDH Boy? Have you seen that email? I think we are gonna have to go in the office..."

UDH Boy: "Yeah, I'm already here."

S: "Uhh, ok I have Trywalker here shall I send him to help?" Trywalker, bounces up and down like donkey from Shrek with a 'pick-me, pick-me' look on his face...

UDH "Yeah, why not, someone's gonna have to take the rap for what we're gonna do to the EURNOK market in NYK hours..."

All good stuff... but one thing is uppermost in my mind. What was UDH Boy doing in the office at 9pm when I saw him phone a taxi home at 6........?

9 comments:

Lazy said...

Evil twin

Somnambulist said...

@lazy - you see, you have put this thought in my head now... Eek!

Anonymous said...

I was setting up that five eights account you asked me to do, and photocopying letterheads onto fake documents, silly forgetful!. By the way, I made 143 billion Euros last night, can you pay me off for that now as I have this private jet waiting...

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Have you thought about pitching a tent?

Anonymous said...

No, but I have considered pitchforking several people out of the Tommy Trinder.

Somnambulist said...

Things are certainly getting tents round here...

Anonymous said...

I just wanna underline what happened to Lehman after widening my spreads in CEE stuff.. I think Silverlady should be careful with the language and nagging after last nite's Eurnok deals...;)

Anonymous said...

143 billions euros ? damn.. Thats why someone gonna spend the long weekend in switzerland and been asking for help to exchange some money into CHF for the bank accounts in Alps.. that makes lots of sense now.. ;)))

Somnambulist said...

@trywalker - UDH Boy and -
I both know that it was you that initiated the collapse of LB. We haven't tols anyone because they wouldn't believe us, but I'll warn that other (until recently) Investment Bank what they are up against if they keep complaining about the NY EURNOK spanking. On the other hand I would advise you against making any kind of threats against silverlady, veiled or otherwise ;-)

As for the long weekend in Switz, I'll be back on Tuesday. Honest.