Tuesday 26 August 2008

French Enlightenment

Despite the Anglican predilection for poking fun at them, there is much to envy about the French. They have the best language, the best food, the best wine and now, brightening up the terribly mundane world of geopolitics, the best first lady. And when it comes to enlightenment, their greatest gift has been teaching us how to think laterally (I'm not gonna argue that point, just run with me here).

When it comes down to it, critical thinking and skepticism of the establishment trumps religion and dogma every time... even the elaborately dressed common-sense kind popular in central Asia. Be honest, who would you rather have round for dinner?

I know what you're thinking, your holy lamaness, but it ain't gonna happen...

8 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Definitely hot ...... and I disagree about the food. Most meals we've had in France were very disappointing [don't tell Sylvie - I'm scared of her]

Somnambulist said...

Did you cook them yourself, DP?!

Daddy Papersurfer said...

No - Frog cooked ........

Somnambulist said...

Ah, well, frogs taste like amphibians whoever cooks them...

Anonymous said...

I heard they taste like chicken. And we all know frogs can act a bit like a chicken.
But I know I don't like them so I'll never try them.
The word verification thingy on here is making me type a rude word btw (IWORK)

Somnambulist said...

ahh good. I see my trojan "irony" subroutine is now working. Or iworking. Haha HA.

I think in this case we should all agree that we would order the frog over the llama.

Anonymous said...

I think the Italians have the best food, myself! LOL!

Somnambulist said...

You may have a point there, Jay. I'll concede the 'best food' reference is probably 'best have a rethink'... :-)