Saturday 23 August 2008

Constructing Dennis

Full-on project planning weekend...

My favourite film is "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" (p-i-g orangepeel got me tix for Spamalot for my 40th birthday - brilliant! ;-D ), and one of my favourite scenes is the Trojan rabbit assault on the French castle... I spent 10 mins on the web looking for a sound file of the chopping / sawing / hammering noises to post here and give the impression that a lot of invisible work is going on.

Then I thought perhaps the time could be better used actually working, so I leave you with your fertile imagination...

"I do have another plan, my Lord..."

10 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Believe it or not, I still haven't seen this!!!! got it on DVD and everything ..... how odd is that?

Somnambulist said...

"And that, my Liege, is how we know the world to be banana-shaped."

Suggest a Saturday night in front of the telly with a large bottle of red wine, enjoying such sundry nuggets of screenwriting genius as...

"Listen, mate, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"

(well, said, Dennis. When I grow up I am going to name a project after you)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Having been watching the synchronised swimming - I might disagree .....

70steen said...

Love Monty Python and the Holy Grail... I have featured it a couple of times over at 70s land..... love the killer rabbit & the Knights that say Nie (so you spell it that way) ... oh and there are many more

DP ~ get it watched you know you want to... oh and take TG to see Mama Mia whilst you are on film watch

Somnambulist said...

"Dennis! There's some lovely filth down here!"

You don't get those kind of lines in Abba movies ;-))

Anonymous said...

FYI and with no intention to spam:

http://www.andrewgoulding.com/The-Holy-Grail.html

Andrew Goulding

Somnambulist said...

@laog - Thanks, will peruse your review when I have a bit of time!

Somnambulist said...

Glad you loved it as much as I did. There is such a rich source of humour there, and like all the best Python material there are lots of incidental details and performances that it takes lots of viewings to pick up on.

In the witch trial scene, John Cleese's mob character is absolutely priceless... ;-)

Anonymous said...

"She turned me into a newt."

Andrew Goulding

I got better.

Somnambulist said...

I'm pleased to hear it.

Very small rocks.