Thursday 16 October 2008

Number Puzzle

The number series puzzle in this post a couple of weeks ago seemed to interest a few of you, so I thought I would post another one.

Trywalker, try to restrain yourself, and don't give the answer away on the comments page.

Answer to dan (at) atigerinafrica (dot) com, brainboxes will be listed in the hall of brain below...

What's the next number in the series?

7, 13, 23, 41, 75,...


List of Brainboxes
------------------
Trywalker - will turn it up a notch for you next time...
orangepeel - (or was it headteach ?! ;-)
sparklyaph - up early in the emerald isle :-)
TC - painting by numbers? :-D
UDentistH Boy - by mental subtraction, perhaps?
lazy - (after a good night's sleep)
TB - Took a few days off to move house...and figure out the answer :-)

9 comments:

Onur Sert said...

Please harder next time...

70steen said...

pass me the wine ....

Somnambulist said...

@trywalker - no fibonacci, no interest?

@70s - now there's an idea :-))

orangepeel said...

I'm slightly surprised, as it was all my own work! No need to defer to HT on this one.

I've just forwarded it on to her, so if she's not busy(!) she'll probably get it in the time it takes for me to post this comment.

Somnambulist said...

@orangepeel - even if she does your name will still be on top of hers on the board. Enjoy it while it lasts :-))

Anonymous said...

Bitterly disappointed I delayed the two hour joyathon of wisdom tooth extraction and root canal work to get the bloody Bloomberg working and send you the right answer, and not get on the bloody list.
TW says give the next problem more teeth - I have two in my bag here for it if you like...

Somnambulist said...

@UDH - Oh THAT's what you meant. I thought you were talking about EUR/USD, sorry... (best buy those back then! :-)

Onur Sert said...

Just to double check. you got my answer at 8.21 am this morning rite? ;) I used it as a energizer for my brain( at least I think I have one , too;P) to comeback from a big loss for the day.. :)

Somnambulist said...

TW - a rare communication error ;-) ...

Excellent comeback from the dead yesterday. If that is the results of a morning brain-teaser I'll send you one every day!