Thursday 25 December 2008

Miracle Or Magic?

Today, in certain parts of the world, we are encouraged to marvel at the magic of Father Christmas and in the miracle of a virgin birth, although of course we are only supposed to really believe in one of them. I don't like this contradiction.

On the other hand, if you happen to have been born in certain other parts of the world, belief in either of these (admittedly far-fetched) beliefs apparently authorises believers of contradictory belief systems to usher you towards a brutal death. I care even less for such cowardly shirking of human responsibility. I digress...

Magic and miracles. I am enchanted by these concepts but struggle to believe in their truth without evidence (the real, tangible kind). What I do know, though, is that there are some very special people in the world, capable of some extraordinary things. One of those people, "T", is referred to by the mini-Somnambulists as "Magic T" - is this because of the things he can do or his personal charisma? You'd have to ask the mini-Somns, but below I present some evidence for the former. I've heard tell that he can also enchant you with music, and heal with the power of art alone... Seeing is believing.

I wish you all Merry Christmas today, whatever that may mean to you personally, and urge you to celebrate and treasure humanity whether you consider it miraculous, magical or just plain marvellous.

Believe it or not, this is real untampered footage of Magic T* actually walking on water...

*clue: No, it is NOT Tiger Woods. Or Trywalker.

8 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Where did you find that footage of Tiggz?

Have a lovely holiday season young fella mi lad .......

tNb said...

Frohe Weihnachten, Feliz Natal and Merry Christmas from a much less magical, but no less enchanted, "T"
xx

Somnambulist said...

@DP - Nice guess, DP, but no not Tiggz. All the best for the holidays!

@Tango - Feliz Natal e Bom Ano Novo! I wish you and Penfold a great holiday and continuing enchantment in 2009 ;-)

Give the old boy a smacker from me x

Anonymous said...

wishing you a magical 2009 xx

Somnambulist said...

@Nursey - and to you!! x

Anonymous said...

Good trick!

Yeah, there is a lot of contradiction in Christmas ... and in religion generally. Homo sapiens does love a mystery!

I hope you had a good one! :)

Anonymous said...

Despite the slightly pathetic attempt to hide Holy Sandal Man's divinity via spazzy jeans (the sitar jazz helped me with breaking through)I would like to say publicly that I believe in him!

Where do I get my fish sandwich and free wine?

Andrew Goulding

Somnambulist said...

@Jay - Trick?! Youn doubting Thomas, you!!

@laog - Fisherman's Lunch on its way to you immediately upon receipt of all your worldly possessions, etc.