Monday 22 December 2008

The Black Maggot

On our spot monkey night out last week we were honing fvj's spoof-playing skills (believe me, they need honing) and then introduced him to par-100, which he was actually quite good at.

These games of course need forfeits for the losers of each round, and as a particularly stiff deterrent for losing on purpose we often play for shots of the local stomach-cleanser, Killepitsch. Noticing that the generous shot glasses were a little under-filled, and since it's the last time I'll be playing such ridiculous drinking games for a very long time, I ordered something else from the top shelf to add a little twist to proceedings.

I feel fairly confident that the resulting "shocktail", being a shot of Killepitsch plus a dash of Creme de Menthe plus a splash of Strongbow cider, is unique. Or at the very least, not widely partaken of. Therefore, being Christmas and all, I have decided to christen this little beauty "The Black Maggot." This is a nod to the dark hue, the revulsion felt when considering putting one near one's mouth, and the unsettling, wriggly sensation that something is trying to crawl out of one's bowels for 24 hours after consumption. I would advise approaching with caution...

6 comments:

70steen said...

not a good substitute for a glass of sherry before Xmas dinner then?

..Killepitsch is made of herbs so it must be good for you

Anonymous said...

I have another one... The slimy little worm.

To make, take two chips (one for each shoulder), add some sour grapes, place in front of eBay for 26 years and then serve in a half full glass, stirring very vigorously at every opportunity.

Always served cold, but only available for 7 hours a day.

Anonymous said...

think I'll pass......

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Remind me never to let you shake my cocktail ......

Lazy said...

I am so glad this has only just been invented.

Somnambulist said...

@70s - It's made of very dangerous herbs that react unpredictably with creme de menthe and strongbow. It is NOT good for you. Trust me.

@UDH - You win. Your idea is both much more creative and far more unpalatable. I'd flush it if I were you.

@nursey - Very wise.

@DP - I can't imagine ever needing to utilise that advice, but it's noted nonetheless.

@lazy - I'm sending you a dozen for xmas.