Friday 11 July 2008

Why "Holy Whale" ?

Grails have been done to death. They are so old hat. So Web 2.0. Holy Whale implies something BIG, slippery, and difficult to catch without the help of a few friends. Not that I advocate catching whales. It's a metaphor, ok? And on the subject of metaphors, it's also a kind of realistic acknowledgement that the prize at the end of this journey will almost certainly be rather different than the one envisaged at the outset.

Happy Birthday to TB in Sydney! ;-)

6 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Have I arrived by magic? Is my finger really on the pulse? Am I witnessing the dawn of something huge? - time will tell.

Personally, I'm in search of the Holey Whale, apart from the one they breath through -obviously .

Welcome to the Blogosphere Somnambulistic Ramblings .........

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I shall add you to my blogroll although there isn't much to go on at the moment - tee hee.
My only advice in this peculiar world of blogging, is to do your own thing and be patient ......

Somnambulist said...

What an honour to have Mr C as the first commentator! :-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Shuuuuuush!!! - I'm in disguise

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind wishes mate... good luck with the Blog... and the pursuit of the Balena Sanctus!

Somnambulist said...

Thanks bambambambam... "he's out there somewhere, cap'n Ahab!"