Tuesday 29 July 2008

Monday Shocker!

Horror! Disaster strikes! Not even FVJ quoting EUR/HKD 8 big figures off-market (I may return one of his kidneys on Friday if he manages not to screw up the rest of the week) could cause me greater consternation than seeing (the town of my birth) Weston-Super-Mare's glorious old pier burnt to a crisp.

TB is convinced it must have been an insurance job ("how do you burn something down that's in the water"...sorry, he's from Oz) but I'm not so sure. It's a well know arson fact that the perps like to watch their own conflagatory handiwork. I have no direct evidence, and the motives can only be guessed at but there is just something about the individual in this photo that reeks of malicious intent.

I urge the Weston-Super-Mare police to cover their asses and leave no stone unturned in their investigations

5 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Very astute observation Dr Rambler ...... very suspicious.

[as a new blogger, you aren't actually allowed to make me smile so early in the morning - please take more care]

Anonymous said...

It was so sad to see that pier go up in smoke. I wondered if it was bad workmanship in the recent renovation, having had a gas boiler spring a leak as a direct result of 'maintenance' .. but you're probably right. That donkey does look like a very interested observer! Far, far too interested.

Somnambulist said...

DP: Judging by your photo, smiling in the morning could actually be physically dangerous. Can I suggest that you don't access my blog until safely past the 10am watershed?

Jay: I used to ride on the donkeys along Weston-Super-Mare beach as a young lad, and, to be totally honest they used to give me the willies. It would be no surprise to me if one or two of them had "gone bad" ;-)

Anonymous said...

So you're from WSM eh, that explains a lot....

And I think you have him all wrong...the donkey is looking upon the scene forlornly as he knows who did it and will never be able to prove it to the humans. Clearly, the camels of the Weston zoo are fed up of the donkeys getting exclusive walks rights on the beach, and have decided to show you all how scary camels can be. Yep, now they've really got the hump.

Somnambulist said...

Camels?! Have you been at the sangria UDH Boy?? The only camels I ever saw on WSM beach were soggy, squashed packets of unfiltered 20s...