Saturday 21 February 2009

Permanent Vacation

They say a change is as good as a rest. It's not like we're on holiday but working full time on something you really enjoy doesn't really feel like work, and I have found myself occasionally seeking out Aerosmith's great 80's album "Permanent Vacation" on the ipod, and smiling to myself as I air-drum through the intro to "Heart's Done Time."

The dearth of posts this week is partly down to the rapidly-prototyping Dennis, but moreso the fact that it's half-term and the hordes have descended. The mini-somnambulists have been joined by a succession of friends, family and neighbours and the Applehouse has been full to bursting...
we've had a 'Superbowl party' atmosphere in the Applehouse...
.
the bar billiards table proved a roaring success and made it through the week largely unscathed...

the permanent marker pen was confiscated on day two...
.

the over-exercised hairy one took a nap whenever he got the chance, and wherever he dropped.

Now it's back to school, work and more fun :-)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks suspiciously like fun! I've just been slamming the keyboard as the behemoth that is "Operation Quixotic" lumebrs to his feet.

Anonymous said...

Do you need an fx desk in that house? I could come and run it, assuming there's space for three kids and a viking lady too :).
Bar billiards still eludes me but sure you'll explain it to me via a good thumping one day!

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I want a bar billiards table ..... and I want it NOW!!!!

Anonymous said...

cute dog

Somnambulist said...

@laog - sounds interesting.. where do I find out more??

@udh boy - you'd be very welcome to come along and manage the buckets of foreign coins taking up valuable drawer space. We need it to put kids in.

@DP - ebay one. Or alternatively pop round for a game and a glass of Spitfire. Ahh I love being back in Kent :-)

@nursey - he's adorable, although he thinks he's human!

Lynne Rees said...

So the under-exercised hairy one has been promoted to the over-exercised... is he getting more muscley? Or just more muddy :-) Sounds like a whole bunch of fun there - that's great. L x

70steen said...

I love to have a houseful of kids.. I kinda miss that now mine is a Teen and out shopping/at the cinema/ hanging out somewhere all holiday :-(

oh and aren't all under/over-exercised ones the same ... Layla loves nothing more than to sleep where ever there is a space particularly when there is a gaggle of kids with quilts :-)

Somnambulist said...

@lynne - Only temporarily... he was run off his little paws last week :-) He's catching up on the Zzzs now that everyone has departed!

@70s - It really was a delightful madhouse - 11 kids in 8 days :-)

Anonymous said...

Look. It's bad enough that you left me knee deep in piles of steaming bullsh++ here, but this lack of posts has completely removed my only bright spot of the day from the moment I leave the house to the moment I get home. (Although I had a frikadelle at lunchtime, that was a nice moment actually devoid of politcal backstabbing or incompetence or ebay action).
Start posting or the Apple House is getting some visitors from the ebay department or the "management" in Germany.

Somnambulist said...

@UDH Boy - I do apologise old chap. The pace has turned up a notch here and myriad other distractions have been hampering my blogging (and blog-reading) activities. However, the threat of being set upon by the German "management" fills me with dread and anguish, and therefore I will try harder. Or at least as hard as Schadenfreude Boy...