Sunday 8 February 2009

Dennis Update

At the time of writing Dennis is a couple of weeks late. I hope that this isn't a sign that he's pregnant and about to spawn lots of little Dennisses and Denises. We wouldn't have the space.

The principle reason for his tardiness is the greater-than-expected amount of time required to crystallise the theoretical model and design. We're are not overly concerned by being a little behind schedule - partly because all involved agree that the extra time spent in recent weeks has been worthwhile and will pay dividends in due course, and partly because now that we are entering the rapid-prototyping phase Simplicity will be adding extra resources to keep us as close to track as possible.

There is an almost tangible buzz of excitement circulating at the moment. From our (ATIA) perspective, seeing our long-fermented ideas not just taking shape but being refined and improved is enthralling. The Simplicity developers are also bringing their own enthusiasm for the project and Dennis' prospects...

8 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

When I understand a word about all this, I'll leave a word of encouragement. In the meantime, I'll await with my breath bated ....

Somnambulist said...

@DP - Thanks. When you are part of the target market I'll send you a breath debater.

Anonymous said...

I thought the target market was pretty much "the masses"?
And if we're all waiting with our breath bated (sic), you might need to do a bit of mass de... Err ok, well don't overdo it. Need your eyesight in this interweb developy world you know ;)

Somnambulist said...

@UDH - the target market is most definitely "the masses", however, Daddy Papersurfer fits into no known demographic group.

And we'll stick with the private debating for now, I think.

70steen said...

'crystallise the theoretical model and design'.....good idea if you ask me particularly when heading towards a 'rapid-prototyping phase'???

Ah!! I have missed 'techy-speak' this weekend, thank you for the fix before I have 2 days with our project team speaking in a completely different language although I do recognise it as English.....I think ????

Somnambulist said...

@70s - Feel free to drop by and practice your jargon any time :-))

Anonymous said...

Re: TIA text. Some thoughts meant to be helpful, not critical...

Para 1 & 2 - Do you need "the birth and adoption of the internet"? Just add "and" to the last phrase and I think it reads fine.

Para 2 - to me, it's both long and unclear. Para 1 defines the explosion. Must it be repeated? What is user-base?

Para 3 - I'm pedantic but a comma before a conjuction is tolerable in dialogue but looks ugly in copy.

Para 4 - "explot" doesn't sit well with me. How about "explore"? It's probably less accurate but it is more inviting.

Somnambulist said...

@laog - thanks for the comments. Well received and we'll consider some amendments. We've resisted doing so to this point however, principally because that statement was written almost 10 years ago and we wanted to see how long it stood the test of time. If not the test of great writing ;-)