Wednesday 11 February 2009

Getting Serious

The most valuable, exciting piece of equipment has at last arrived at the A Tiger In Africa office. And there was much rejoicing.

I'm not talking about the frustratingly overdue wireless router and broadband connection that was installed at the end of last month. Nor do I mean the stylish, Apple Mac, resplendent in its righteous white, now piously gracing one of the desks (we bow to it each time we go past).

I don't even mean the super-snazzy, bells and whistles Blackberry Storm that we collected yesterday (I predict the emergence of a dangerous divide between the iPhone and BS camps!).

Instead I refer to the simple yet crucially effective ATIA whiteboard that will finally fill its designated wall space and become, no doubt, the cornucopial font of all that is called Dennis.

Our best bit of kit...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh - that's very advanced technology

Somnambulist said...

@nursey - Indeed. Now our main challenge is to bring our level of thinking up to the level of technology.

Lazy said...

I just use the windows. It's not very popular, but you get twice the surface area.

Somnambulist said...

@lazy - funny, I always had you down as an Apple junky. Huh.

Lazy said...

I am, but mine's black and Mrs. lazy gets grumpy if i write on hers. The white shell makes it a perfect surface too.... shame.

Anonymous said...

An irreverent tic-tac-toe in passing from me.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Is that a plasma or an LCD whiteboard? these things are important to give the right image you know ........

Anonymous said...

Ah, I love a good whiteboard! Just don't let anyone write on it with the wrong pens! The conflict between iPhone and BS will be as nothing!

Somnambulist said...

@lazy - you have a black apple?! Explains a lot..

@laog - I'm hoping that we put it to better use than that. Noughts and crosses, maybe.

@DP - It's magnetic. Sort of.

@Jay - I did precisely that at our very first developer workshop in the Islington BSC. Ooops! :-)

Anonymous said...

you can't beat a good old white board (can we still call them white boards??)
I use ours here lots ... so I can picture how stuff works ... vital to 21st C business :-)

(posting from t'office as no interweave at home boo hoo):(
70s

Lazy said...

A blapple, indeed.It seemed like the best idea. If we both had identical computers I could have accidentally ended up with her marking and 200 page thesis, and she could have ended up with my chain emails and amusing pictures of kittens with poorly spelt subtitles.
It would have been a disaster.

Oh noes

Somnambulist said...

@70s - No t'internet at home?!? Goodness, it must be like... the 70s.

@lazy - Ah, you got the kittens mail as well :-) Colour-coded blapples and whapples make a lot of sense to me...