Monday 27 April 2009

Brimming With Pride

Pride invariably does come before the fall, so I do try to curtail that particular emotional mental state most of the time. Today, however, a little self-indulgence... Yesterday, on one of the most important events on the Somnambulist calendar - the Rugby Club end-of-season Awards - the mini-Somnambulists excelled themselves.

Not only did no.2 son win the U11 'Player of the Year' award (accompanied by rave accolades from coaches), but also no.1 brought home the highly coveted 'McNamara Trophy,' - awarded in memory of a young club member who passed away, to the U13 player displaying the most dedication, commitment and heart throughout the season...

mini-Somnambulist hero II & mini-Somnambulist hero I

14 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Well done kids ..... now take your Dad out for a little walk = he needs to be kept active ....

Anonymous said...

Glad I wasn't there (NOT!) I would really have let the side down!

Anonymous said...

great work by the minis

udh boy said...

Many congrats to the minis. You're dead right to be proud mate. What price another fine English brothers partnership at Twickers in the next decade :)

Somnambulist said...

@nursey - thanks!

@udh boy - I'd say that's a dead cert. If they're not on the pitch, they'll be propping up one of the bars.. :-)

70steen said...

love being proud of my 'mini me'.... self indulgence from the side lines is such a lovely feeling (thinking 'that's my girl'or in your case 'that's my boys' .....

well done both mini Somns :-)

Somnambulist said...

@70s - I'm a closet fan of vicarious living and reflected glory :-)

tNb said...

Three cheers for the heroes! :-)

Somnambulist said...

@tango - hic, hic.. huzzah !!

(it was a good bbq ;-))

Somnambulist said...

@DP & Anonymous - sorry, it seems our trips to the comments page were like little electronic ships in the night...

@DP - Are you implying lethargy?! (hmm maybe you're right...)

@Anonymouse - There's precious little blubbing for the rest of the year, but awards day can get very emotional :'-)

Lord Andrew of Goulding said...

Congrats to the nipper-thugs.

Last time I went to one of my kids' matches, I was informed that shouting "Go, Sweetie!" wouldn't really be appreciated if my kid heard me. Fair enough.

Somnambulist said...

@laog - I've heard they take a rather dim view on effeminate behaviour in sports down under...

jay said...

Oh, congratulations to both your boys! How lovely for them both to win on the same day!

Somnambulist said...

@Jay - thank you, it really was quite a day! :-)