Wednesday 28 January 2009

Fill Yer Boots

Yesterday Daddy Papersurfer wrote a post about boot sales, reminding me that against my better instincts, we may be forced to participate in one of these folorn events as an inevitable last resort, some time in the not too distant future.

Just recently, we offered to store a certain relative's belongings in the farm packing shed. We weren't prepared for the HGV that turned up with a truly staggering stockpile of chattelery, agglomerated over at least a quarter century. Some of the artefacts are quite extraordinarily bizarre. In fact, the kind of thing you will only ever find at a cold, muddy boot sale...

The underexercised hairy one views proceedings with bemused apprehension

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want the boots and the cow mask

Lazy said...

Brave move putting that think on. It's not exactly the most pleasant smelling thing in the world. I was old and mouldy twenty years ago...

70steen said...

.... is that head from some strange Souvern traditional Morris dancing troop?
That will be one helluva car booty ;-)

Somnambulist said...

@nursey - I could buy them at the boot fair for you?

@lazy - I cannot help thinking that "I" should have been "It" in your last sentence. Then again....

@70s - Honestly, the mind boggles... I suppose that there's always the chance of something incredibly rare and valuable deep in one of those boxes. A new form of penicillin, perhaps...

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Let Nursey have the boots - I want the mask - I need the mask - I DEMAND the mask!!!!!

Somnambulist said...

@DP - hmm we have a market. I might skip the boot fair and stick it on ebay instead :-)

p.s. what would you do with it DP?!

Lo,TG said...

I hate to think, but whatever it is, he'll be doing in the shed right at the bottom of the garden.......

Somnambulist said...

@Lo, TG - thanks for dropping by :-) ...garden shed sounds minimum safe distance, just!

Patricia Sexton: Author, TV Host, Dreamer said...

Whatever nursemyra bids for the cow mask, I bid a dollar/quid/CHF more. Ditto Daddy Papersurfer.

Anonymous said...

Mask? Looks like my ex-wife!

Somnambulist said...

@Trish - You can take the girl out of the markets, but you can never take the markets out of a girl ;-)

@laog - are you sure that it isn't?!