Friday 3 September 2010

Item of the day: Poitiers (The Top 100 Historical Battles #27)

A defining moment in the Hundred Years War and worth a read...

The Top 100 Historical Battles : Poitiers

Speaking of a Hundred Years, that is approximately how long ago I last saw Daddy Papersurfer and his entourage, and it was a privilege to visit him, Lo, TG and Tiggz at the cliff top residence for a delicious lunch yesterday, along with Sparkly Aph. It's a beautiful setting (if a tad cliff-toppy for me!) for catching up over times both very old and very new...

We took with us a bag of goodies: Champagne, which unfortunately wasn't cold enough to drink, some The Top 100 attire, which Daddy P used to treat us to a fashion show throughout the afternoon, and a huge stash of apples, which Daddy P was very disappointed to discover weren't Sparkly Aph's renowned chocolate brownies. Ah well, just gives us an excuse to do it all again in another Hundred Years....

2 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Don't mention apples to me!!! I tripped over a bag of them this morning, nose dived into a bowl of them and then discovered that you can't flush them down the lavatory ...... and I've had Aloe Vera bending my ear this morning because I threw Muttley's present into her garden .... I think it went very well ... tee hee

Somnambulist said...

@DP - excellent! So a very successful visit then... you probably need a week off to recover :-)